Monday, April 9, 2012

A new color

I did not toss my salad last night, but did discover that poke weed is as good as Ex-Lax. First thing this morning, I sent out a few e-mails that I meant to send last night. I called Mom and Dad to wish them a Happy Easter, which I also meant to do last night. I bagged the garbage and wheeled it out to the curb. I filled the watering can and watered the veggies and seedbeds. I photographed a new color of iris that just bloomed there. Then I bounced to an audio in an e-mail link. It continued as I fixed and ate breakfast. The interview was all about the importance of sleep. Finishing e-mail took a little longer. Then I raked under the magnolia tree. Since the leaves kept falling, I decided to mow it while it was raked. I mowed it high so as not to disturb the dandelion leaves. Mowed back yard just for fun and to run down the battery. I ate lunch, and then got to sewing. I worked on a comfort quilt made from a fabric packet gotten at HHQ last meeting. I cut little squares featuring either a tiger, a zebra, or a bear, and surrounded them with a dot fabric. My Swansons order arrived on the front porch. Then I got a call from a lady on freecycle who wanted to come for paper. She did not take very much when she got here. Chris came home from work. I gathered greens for supper - wild lettuce and dandelion. I pureed the dandelion and added spinach to the lettuce. I topped it with a few pieces of fresh garlic and salad dressing. After supper and clearing more e-mail, I washed my feet and cut up some red strips for borders on the blocks inside the comfort quilt. When Chris came down, we watched 3 episodes of NCIS then retired for the night.

No comments: