Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The haircut

I put on the current audio, it was Symeon Roger.  Instead of jumping, I jogged on the rebounder.  Then I  folded  laundry, and had breakfast.  I read some e-mail, but it was such a nice day, that I went out to water the plants and wait for Charlie to come mow the lawn.  I noticed the  pots were dry, so I brushed them off to take to the church yardsale later.  There were lots of ants under one pot so I put out a bait.  I went in to ck my phone.  Charlie hadn't called, but Claire did.  She left a message that the salon academy was giving $5 haircuts.  So I called the salon and made an appointment.  Can't resist a bargain.  I called Charlie and he was right around the corner, having had tire trouble.  I wrote him a check and he arrived soon.  I took a shower and dressed.  By then he had finished mowing and was weedeating in the front yard. Good heavens, he's fast.  I left early for the salon because I had never been there and did not know how long it would take.  I turned too soon, and came in the back way.  Kaitlyn cut my hair, and did a great job.  I may have paid $5 for it, but it was not a $5 haircut.  She is very close to graduating.  She let me take her pic so she must not be in the witness protection program.  Ha.  Claire was there getting her hair cut, too.  I told her I was so glad she suggested it.  Then I went home for lunch. I found another interview audio to listen to while reading the latest e-mail.  Then I sewed the binding on front of Steven's quilt, and started on the back. Chris came down to kiss me when he got home.  I had some supper,  and then went to the church.  I parked around back to carry sale items into the multipurpose room.  I was quite surprised at how much stuff they had.  All the classrooms were full, too.  They said they got more stuff last year.  I distributed my items as requested and then went rummaging for myself.  I bought a fry pan, just like the one that broke last week.  And my lid fits it!  When 7 pm arrived, I went in to choir practice.  We sang a number of songs and I found out that May 27th is our last Sunday to sing before summer break.  Afterward, I returned home.  It was still early enough for us to watch 4 episodes of MASH.  Then Chris went to bed while I stayed up to write this post.  He made me an offer but fell asleep before I could accept.

No comments: