Thursday, April 5, 2012

I don't want to see any more poison ivy

Thursday is 'recycle day' so my first activity was to gather up the recyclables in the kitchen and a paper bag. I filled the bag with the lowest grade packing paper from the carport and put everything out by the road. Then I came in to start another audio. I listened to it while rebounding and moving stuff around in between sets to clean up the room a little. Then it was breakfast time. After breakfast, I read some e-mail. I noticed it had rained so it must be 'pull weeds' day. I armed myself with long pants, footgear and rubber gloves to pull out poison ivy. After I finished the ones I knew about, I went looking for more; a twisted version of an Easter egg hunt. Better maybe, because following the root leads you to the next emergence. By 10:45 I had finished pulling, cleaning the tools and washing up. Looking for poison ivy, I had come across a number of dead sticks and branches. So I went on 'dead stick' detail, even pulling them from trees when I could reach them. Then I weeded the front flower beds and uprooted small trees attempting to grow there. I read some more e-mail and looked at my blog for December to see the names on the moving trucks in the pictures. I called one of the companies to ask them to take the boxes away. They said they only do it on the day they are there IF I had asked for them to unpack the boxes. I asked them why they can't pick up the boxes now since they are a local company. They did not give a good answer to that so I promised to file a complaint. Claire arrived while I was on the phone. She brought me specialty flours, several kinds of beans, quinoa, rice wraps, etc. She does not eat these anymore and was kind enough to give them to me. We talked for some time, and looked around outside. She left after Chris came home. Chris and I fixed salads for supper. Chris made some salad dressing. He also stopped the smoke alarm from beeping. After supper, they sky darkened and rain poured heavily. We went down to watch more episodes of NCIS. At 10 he went up, but I stayed to watch the special features on the DVD for season 1.
* This is a random pic because I did not take any today. Can you tell which one is Michele?

No comments: