Friday, April 27, 2012

First time in Paducah

I woke up when Chris's alarm went off.  I had trouble falling asleep due to excitement.  I got up when he was in the shower.  I put on the latest audio and fixed breakfast.  I did do one round of jumping, and some chi gong to stretch out my back.  I watered the plants one last time.  I packed the cooler with ice and food. I finished the audio while reading some e-mail.  Then Jen arrived and we put my stuff in her car and took off for Paducah.  We stopped at several rest stops.  When we got to Paducah, I navigated to the river side of the city.  We parked and walked to the convention center.  I picked up my pre-paid name tag while Jen bought her wristband.  We walked into the exhibit hall and decided on a method to see it all.  The quilts were beautiful and I took a lot of pics, but it was interfering with my enjoyment so I decided to just buy the book, and only take close-ups of the ones I liked best.  Would you believe Alex Anderson was there?  Well, I hadn't thought about it until I saw her.  She was very nice and let Jen take our picture.  I was way too excited.  Me and Alex!  Anyway, when we finished that hall, we did the next one, and the one upstairs.  We stopped at one vendor to try gel insoles.  We looked at longarms, and rulers.  I bought a short one, just to see if it is as good as they say it is.  My camera memory card ran out of room and I had to delete a bunch of pics.  We stopped to eat at the food court outside.  I had left my food in the car.  So we each got a small thing just to keep us going.  Then we went to the pavilion to see a few more quilts, but it was mostly vendors.  We each bought some scissors, but there was quite an array of products, fabrics, and patterns.  It rained heavily, but stopped by the time we left.  We walked back to the car and passed a place advertising a fabric sale.  They were closing soon, but we found enough time to get a few batiks.  Then we went back to the car and headed to the hotel.  However, before we got out of town, Jen got a call that she won a new Janome sewing machine!  She was so excited that she drove all over town, missing all our turns.  We finally did get on the interstate, but then had to stop for gas.  I pulled peppers and an apple out of the cooler and ate them.  It took about 45 minutes to get to the lodge.  It turned out to be a very nice place, with a marina on a lake.  We took some pics, but I forgot to bring the cord to download them to my computer.  Fortunately, my computer was able to get on the internet so at least I can post, and handle e-mail.  Jen and I talked a lot before we went to bed.  But we were both exhausted and looking forward to another fun-filled day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having a wonderful time at Paducah!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend there.
AL in CA