Sunday, April 1, 2012

Palm Sunday

I left for church by myself since I had to be there early for choir and Chris wasn't ready. I wasn't too happy about it, but I forgot once I was at church. I saw Doris there and we talked about edible plants. She had two more books for me. Because it was Palm Sunday, everyone gathered outside with palm branches before the service. Chris walked up just before the minister got started and I was surprised to see him. We processed in and up to the altar to put the palm branches in a vase, then took our seats. Everything else went as it normally does. After church I went to Target to get my watch battery replaced while Chris went to Publix. I found out that Target doesn't do that anymore, however the man at the camera counter was able to identify and sell me the correct battery. I put it in myself. When I got to Publix, I searched for Chris and found him in the organic veggie section. After adding lemons and frozen fruit to what was already in the basket, we checked out and drove our respective cars home. We carried the groceries in. I changed clothes and we put them away. I jumped on the rebounder for a bit, then had lunch. I read e-mail and watched a live interview and demo with Jack Canfield. I did not see all three hours of it, and I do not feel the worse for it. Later I went out to mow in the fenced in area, and in the front yard. I gave the mower breaks by doing some raking. I found poison ivy in another spot, near the twig and branch pile. When the mower finally gave all it could give, I put it away. I finished raking, and went over to the garden to plant pepper seeds and cucumber seeds. Since the cucumbers need a hill, I used the desiccated leaf dirt from the grate in front of the car port. I hope it is good for planting. I put away the tools and counted out about 30 sheets of packing paper to put in my car for Tuesday. Someone wants it for a class pattern. Then I picked some lettuce and dandelion for a supper salad. After the salad Chris and I shared a bag of frozen tart cherries. Then we went downstairs to watch multiple episodes of NCIS. Gotta go to bed now as it is after midnight.

No comments: