Thursday, April 26, 2012

One day 'till Padukah

I sat down at my laptop and started the next audio.  Instead of jumping, I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom countertops.  I brought my bean sprouts in from the porch and saw they were covered in gray fuzz, so I threw them out.  Then I fixed breakfast and was able to eat it before Sharon and Bob (the builder) came over.  I gave them the list of things that needed fixing around the house (drains that don't drain, heat that isn't hot, burners that don't burn, etc.)  They addressed all the issues, mostly by promising to call someone to fix it. Bob showed me how to use the battery tester to see if an  outlet is grounded.  After they left,  I found podcast to listen to, one about parasites, and how they are increasingly common, but doctors don't think to check for them.  I watered the plants, and weeded the
flowerbed listening to yet another audio.  Taping interviews with famous people in the self-help field is REALLY popular right now.  But there just isn't enough time in a day to hear them all.  Chris came home about 4:30.  I was in the garage working on binding and waiting for a lady from Freecycle to pick up my old juicer.  I told Chris everything Bob had said, then the lady showed up.  After she left with the juicer, we ate supper.  I made a list of foods I wanted to take along for lunches and went to Publix to pick them
up.   Chris told me to plant the moldy bean sprouts, so I dug them out of the garbage and buried them in the garden.  They'd better not infect the tomato plants.  Then I washed the sweet peppers to take along tomorrow.  I also washed apples, and made three baggies of breakfast 'mix'.  I cut up the bar of organic cheese, and put the slices in a baggie for protein at lunch.  I filled the water bottle with filtered water.  Then I packed a small suitcase with two changes of clothes for the weekend.  I can hardly believe I'm going to Padukah!  Finally.  After all these years of drooling and dreaming, I am going!  I hope it will still be as impressive after seeing the Tokyo Quilt show.  Chris and I watched a few episodes of MASH together, and now it is time for bed.  I just hope I can sleep! *  I didn't take any pics today (did you really want to see the moldy bean sprouts?) so here is one of my new haircut. By tomorrrow I should have some nice quilt pics for you, if my laptop will communicate with a strange router.  *

No comments: