Monday, April 2, 2012

Maybe I am a yard wife

I heard Chris roll the garbage can out to the street, but then I fell asleep again since we were up so late last night. Later I got up, bounced on the rebounder, and had breakfast. I read e-mail and put on one of the recorded audio interviews so I could listen to it while folding laundry, putting away the quilts from the other day, clearing unwanted stuff from the livingroom, etc. I did a lot of little chores too, like watering the tomato suckers, hanging a picture in the guest room, practicing my trombone, etc. I went outside for some fresh air and sunshine. It is only supposed to take an hour, but as usual I kept going. I irrigated the seed beds in the garden and weeded the flower beds by the patio. I dug out some small trees. I picked up branches to add to the branch pile. I watched the sun to see where to plant spinach so that the midday sun won't scorch it. I carried out a box of fabric to go to the guild meeting tomorrow night. At some point I had lunch and started mowing the lawn. When the mower needed a break, I worked on a donation quilt, then went back to mowing until the mower ran low on juice. I know I arranged for someone else to do the mowing, but there is something almost hypnotic about mowing lines and patterns in the lawn. Chris arrived home when the mower quit. I finished sewing the borders on the quilt top, then went up for supper. I picked a bowl of wild lettuce and wild violet leaves. I read the latest e-mail, then went down to iron the border seams while waiting for Chris to come down for NCIS. He quit watching at 9:30 t0 go to bed. I photographed and folded the quilt for tomorrow night. I guess I'll go to bed, too.

No comments: