Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gaming night

I woke up in the middle of the night and stayed awake for quite some time. So I got up late. The house was cold even though Chris turned on the heat last night. He asked me to call Bob. Bob said he'd have his wife call someone to fix it. I never heard back from either of them. I put on the latest audio, bounced, and had breakfast. I went through a bunch of e-mail, then watered the garden and uprooted a mess of weeds. I assembled my sewing items for tomorrow's class, plus the materials for Steven's quilt. I thought about loading my car with cardboard and driving over to the recycling center, but it was more than I could do before 4pm. Chris came home early and fixed cheeseburgers. I took a shower and dressed in nice pants and a top. We drove to Claire's house with a container of tea and a board game (Big Bang Theory trivia). We were the first people to arrive, but not for long. While I was washing avocados for Claire, Joy and Paoulo came by. He did not stay, but she did. Others arrived and Claire made mohitos for everybody. I had a sip of Chris'. It was very good. Claire gave me a glass of her homemade kombucha tea. It was good at first, but then was too strong. Many of the attendees were gamers, so I let Chris do most of the talking. We were definitely the oldest couple there. We all gathered in the family room to play Balderdash. It was actually fun. Then we retired to the dining room to play Apples to Apples. That wasn't as much fun, but by then most were well lubricated. One couple left at midnight. When I realized what time it was, we left too. But we had to turn back for my handbag. Now it is late and I have to be at sewing class by 9 am. Sorry, forgot to take pics today.

No comments: