Sunday, April 22, 2012

Stack-n-whack class

     Up at 8, I was glad to see it wasn't later.  I thought I could make the class at nine.  I skipped exercising and went straight to breakfast.  I read e-mail while I ate, then took a shower and dressed.  My sewing stuff was all packed and ready to go from yesterday.  I quickly put seedlings in a cup for the Freecycle lady, then put my stuff in the car and took off.  It was 9:01.  It may seem silly, but I prayed that I wouldn't be late.  I was there by 9:15.  When I walked in, the teacher was so glad to see me because no one else had shown up.  Was that the answer to my prayer?  Not much later, Deb and Jen came.  So there were three students.  I was surprised, thinking Stack-n-whack was a very popular class.  Lisa was a good teacher, and sadly I was a bad student.  I did not follow directions.  (I always think I know more than the book).  She worked on her own quilt top, so it was fun to see how different each quilt was turning out.  IF Forest Gump had been
there, he would have said Stack-n-whack is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.  I wish I had brought my camera to take pics of the other quilts in progress.  Lisa brought a salad for lunch, I brought seaweed and nuts, the other two went out for take-out.  Linda stopped by to drop off two quilts - one for Steven and one baby comfort quilt.  I gave Jen my phone number so we can hook up on Friday to go to Padukah (!).  She packed up early.  The rest of us stayed later to get more done.  I was the last, leaving at 5pm. When I got home, Chris was playing with the voices.  I went out to pick a salad.  I filled my bowl with wild lettuce.  The next door neighbor was out in his garden, and he gave me some lettuce, swiss chard, and turnip greens.  He showed me the trap he uses to catch the possums under his porch, and the fishtrap he built.  I brought the greens in to wash and cut for supper.  Chris made an outstanding pork roast
to go with it.  After supper, I listened to another audio, but in the bedroom, away from the noisy game.  But my battery ran down so I had to put it back in the family room to recharge.  I went downstairs to continue working on the stack-n-whack.  The outlet was not working.  I flipped the breaker, but it didn't help.  I had to get an extension cord and use another outlet.  I noticed that the fabric was pulling to the left, and skimping on my seam allowances.  I wonder if my feed dogs need rotating?  Ha.  At 11 I resolved to quit at the end of the next block, which took another 20 minutes.  Chris finished his game, and put clean sheets on the bed.  I noticed that he did the laundry today.  Now I am tired and ready for bed.  (Chris is already there, warming it up for me.) 
*  Did I mention that I left Google (who now owns Blogger) some scathing feedback last night?  I did.  *

No comments: