Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally it is done.

I woke up really early because I was cold. Chris retired the thick comforter last night, and the charm quilt I made just isn't as warm. Anyway, I got up to put on my bathrobe and went back to bed. I fell asleep and had an interesting dream which reminded me of Seuss's Bartholomew and the 500 hats): I was getting ready to take a bath by disrobing, but no matter how much I took off, I was still dressed. Any idea what that means?
It was almost 9 when I got up. I did a set of bounces on the rebounder, then put on one of the interviews while I prepared and ate breakfast. I dealt with as much e-mail as I could while listening and taking notes. When it was over, I went outside to water what I have planted. I pulled weeds around the tomato plants and on the western side of the garden. I dug up some more dirt from under the grate and put it in the flower bed. Charlie was mowing across the street and came over to shoot the breeze. I gave him a glass of tea because he looked so hot and tired. After he left, I planted some spinach there by the brick wall, and some in the bed behind the house. I planted cucumbers in a mound by the fence. These things need to be watered regularly now and I just hope I can remember where all the seeds are buried. Ha.
I took a shower and dressed casually. I picked some greens from the yard and put them through the blender. Then I got out a bigger juicer than the one I have been using, which I think needs to be retired. I juiced up the carrots and celery from last week and added it to the green juice. I poured it in popsicle molds and placed them in the freezer. I don't think I have to worry about anyone stealing my popsicles. Chris got out the leftover chili. I had just filled a bowl when there was a knock on the door. Chris answered it. As soon as I ate, I had to leave for quilt group meeting, so I never did find out who it was or what exactly he wanted. I brought a box of fabric that the group placed in my keeping back in November. I turned in the quilt top I made from fabrics in the box. See pic. The group was small tonight, and most had no items for show-and-tell. Sadly I did not have my camera for those who did. So we discussed plans for future meetings and workshops. Jen gave me more leftover batik triangles from a quilt she is making. Then those who wanted fabric went through the boxes and we carried the leftovers out to Deb's car. On the way home, I stopped at the Asian market for natto. He did not have it on the shelf yet, but went into the back to get it when I asked for 4 of them. I was thinking of the 4 in a package, but he brought me 4 packages. Oh well, it doesn't go bad. Then later I passed a Dollar General and picked up a watering can and a vegetable brush. I was home by 8:30. We still had time for 2 episodes of NCIS before Chris went to bed.

No comments: