Thursday, May 31, 2012

Caught the deer! (on camera)


I was following my usual morning routine after watering the plants when the AC man arrived. I paused the audio I was listening to. I explained the situation as Chris explained it to me. He fiddled with the thermostat unit and the outdoor unit, then charged it with freon. He offered to put in a new thermostat, and showed me how to test the cold air return with a sheet of paper. When he left, he said to call him if there were any more problems. Back to the morning routine. Today the audios lasted until 4. Can't quite figure out why. In the meantime, I dressed the guest bed, realized that the pillowcases must still be in the washing machine and dried them. I ate lunch, and worked on the white insets on the blue kaleidoscope quilt. When the last audio was over, I put in a book on CD. It played most of the first disc before Chris came home and I went upstairs to greet him. Actually, I finished the insets and wanted to make my nametag for the new quilt guild, but needed a pic to see where the colors went. So I got online, looked at their website, and even joined their Yahoo group. But I could not find a pic of the paper-pieced nametag that came with my welcome package. The sheet comes with no suggestion of colors or which piece should be white so I can write my name on it. I asked Chris to dig up a four o'clock that was growing where I didn't want it. While he was doing that, I prepared the recyclables for pickup tomorrow. Our neighbor was outside, so we were talking to him when the deer trotted by. He stopped in the other neighbors yard so I took his picture. Then we decided to watch more NCIS episodes. After that, we took a shower (just so he could wash my back) and went to bed.

No comments: