Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother in a jar? (or too many episodes of NCIS?)

I woke up in the middle of the night, wondering if the AC was working. When I got up this morning, it was set at 80. Outside was cooler, so I opened a window and turned on a fan. I posted to my blog, which I forgot to do last night. Then I started the first of the daily audios. I got up early just to get them over with before leaving the house. I watered the gardens, but think it might be for nought as the weather seems rain-friendly. I gathered turnip leaves, and a hot pepper. I put them in water to soak until lunch. I jumped, ate breakfast and kept listening. Near lunch time I started cooking a pound of organic grass-fed beef. I washed the turnip leaves and made salad. After lunch I paused the last audio, put on my shoes, looked up route, and drove off. First I went to Claire's house. I took her the turnips that needed transplanting. She gave me several 'mothers', which are bacterial masses that grow in tea to make kambucha. We talked for hours and did some EFT together. Then she had to leave for work, so I went to Alison's house/farm. I got two dozen duck eggs and a quart of honey from her bees. She said it was really fresh. I wonder if she thought she had to entertain me because she got the dogs to do their tricks, and gave me a tour of her flowers and other plantings. I was there for over an hour. When I got home, Chris was already here, but not by much. We ate leftovers and I read more e-mail. I looked up the Huntsville Concert Band. I noticed that the church they meet at has a quilting ministry, so I googled quilting ministries in Huntsville. There were a lot, but then not all the Huntsvilles were in Alabama. I also posted to the HQH guild that I needed a pic of the finished paper-pieced nametag. Then we spent the evening watching episodes of NCIS. BTW, it is a good thing I watered this morning because it didn't rain after all.

No comments: