Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday - more beach

  I woke up early, unable to go back to sleep.  So I got up to post to my blog.  I was going to sit next to the router, but Silvia was sleeping on that couch because of snoring in her room.  So I sat in the livingroom.  It was the best place actually because there was a paper with the internet password on it, which I didn't think about needing.  So, I posted to my blog and read e-mail.  The house was deathly silent.  I did not want to wake anyone up and there was no one to talk to.  What was the point of being awake?  I went back to bed for awhile.  I invited Chris to go for a walk along the beach.  So we dressed and went down to the 2nd floor.  Zach was there, playing on his electronic thingy. When he heard we were going to the beach, he invited himself along.  At least, I suppose he did.  I couldn't understand a word he said.  Chris seemed to, though.   We had to walk down the public access.  We headed to the right.  After just a short while, Zach wanted to go back and he wanted Chris to go with him.  So I continued the walk alone.  I went almost to the distant pier,  then turned around.
  The walk back was cooler, walking into the wind.  I wondered which public access point was ours, and was glad to see the American flag that I had noted on the walk out.  Not sure why someone would put up an American flag on the beach, but it would become clear later.  Breakfast was in progress in the dining room.  I poured my breakfast mix in a bowl and mixed it with the coconut milk.  As I ate, the others finished their breakfasts and went to the beach.  I put on my suit and followed later.  When I got to the beach,  the beach was crowded in front of the beach access.  There was a bocci ball contest starting up.  First I walked to the right, but did not see my friends.  So I walked across to the left.  Not seeing them, I put my towel down and headed for the water.  But then I saw Mary and Linda walking along the beach to the left.  I had to run to catch up with them.  The three of us walked and talked, collecting shells as we went.  One lady on the beach pointed out dolphins.  I waded into the water (which wasn't bad for May), but I guess the dolphins swam on because I didn't see them.  We walked back, collected my towel and put the shells in my shoe to carry.  It seems I had missed 'the camp' earlier when I walked to the right.  There were Silvia and Tamara and Celeste.  Jayden was playing in the sand.  We all sat together for while, then I went for a swim.  The water was clear of all debris, and NO jellyfish.  The water temp was a little cool, however, and with the wind, it was even cooler.  I stayed in as long as I could, then wrapped up in a towel on the beach.  After a while, some of us went back to the house for water and the bathroom.  My skin felt like it had had enough sun, so I stayed in the house.  Some people were eating lunch, so I had a plate of leftover shrimp.  I was still in my suit which was sandy, so I went out to the hose to wash my legs off.  Then I faced the street and used the hose behind me to wash the sand out of my bathing suit bottom.  Little did I know that Mark was going to walk around from the back of the house to use the hose.  I don't know what he saw, but he's lucky he didn't go blind.  With the most of the sand washed off, I took a shower.  Then I sat beside Chris and we read e-mail for awhile.  I had a couple of audios waiting, so I cued them up and perused old e-mails to delete.  I deleted about 1500.  25%.  Whoo-hoo!  When we heard people fixing plates for supper, we went down.  Mary was encouraging everyone to finish up the leftovers.  Someone had a birthday so Mary ordered pizza (which was what he asked for).  Most of that got eaten.  Chris went upstairs.  Mary was passing out Reisling.  There was only little left in the bottle, and I remembered that Chris liked it.  So I accepted a glass for him.  Celeste was telling me about her new beau and wouldn't let me leave until I had seen his picture.  When I found Chris, he was asleep, so I left the glass there on the night stand.  The other two people in our room were lighting cupcakes for the birthday man.  The lighter he was using flamed like a torch and the little girl was certain the bed would catch fire.  We went down to sing "Happy Birthday".  After the party, the ladies packed up the incredibly large pile of blue dishware around the sink.  It took a pile of bubble wrap, paper towels, and cloth napkins to wrap it all up.  Then we sat and talked in the livingroom while watching Big Bang Theory.  But it then became "Old School", a movie full of dumb college-type pranks. I got some ice to hold on the back of my neck to cool the burn. Finally the movie got turned to the 11pm news.  Celeste took a shower, packed, and announced that she was going to drive back to Augusta to surprise her beau.  We did not think surprising a man with a gun at 2 am was a good idea, but she went anyway.  As it got later, I thought maybe our suitemates were waiting for me to go to bed, so I went.  But they continued to stay up.  That was just as well, since it gave me a chance to fall asleep first.  She said she snored, and she wasn't kidding. 

No comments: