Friday, May 4, 2012

Y-seams or why-seams


I started my morning routine by putting on the latest audio and bouncing.  I ate breakfast and was reading e-mail when the HVAC man came back.  After he finished and left, I called Sharon (Bob's wife) and let her know it was done.  I put a check in the mail, and pulled weeds in the flowerbed.  Yesterday was such a nice soaking rain that they didn't need watering yet.  I went down to sew the rest of the hexagons together, then auditioned borders and seriously considered taking it apart again.  I checked my phone and saw Mary had called. I returned her call to find out that she invited us to a party but the invitation never arrived.  So I checked the mailbox, but found ants.  I considered that an invitation to put ant bait in the box.  I browned ground beef for lunch and had some kimchi with it.  On the way out to the car, I took a pic of garlic that was blooming.  I proceeded to the post office to mail the finished quilt.  When I got back, I raked 2 boxes
of leaves from under the magnolia tree.  I thought I needed more time in the sun, so I mowed the lawn in the sunny areas.  I called Chris one more time.  Not there.  But he called me back a little later.  I ate supper, and watched the latest Castle episode.  I sew side units onto my hexagon quilt to straighten out the sides.  I was surprised how well it worked.  I had the TV on while I worked.  I came up for the camera to photograph the quilt, and saw that Michele sent me a message via Skype.  We wrote back and forth for awhile.  Then I guess she got bored.  Chris called to tell me he arrived at his hotel near Atlanta.  I yawned and he told me to go to bed.  I just might do that after I take the pic, so I am writing my blog now before I fall asleep.

No comments: