Thursday, May 17, 2012

Packing and Paula

 This is the brick enclosure where I have been transplanting four o'clocks.  You can see the stick that stands for "This is a flowerbed, do not whack".  I don't think the nasturtiums will be up before Charlie comes back.

The second pic is Paula Nadelstern signing books.  She is world famous for her kaleidoscope quilts, books, and classes.

  I couldn't sleep last night.  Chris was snoring, and my mind kept going.  I composed Faye a birthday poem.  Then I did one for Chris, and Michele, then Kevin.  when I got to Dad, it was really bad. And I got stuck on Kurt.  Anyway, I don't remember the poems now.  I went down to the sofa in the basement to sleep.  Kurt did it and I wanted to know how it was.  I took the little ipod with me.  The couch was very uncomfortable, but I must have fallen asleep 'cause I woke up sometime after the ipod died.  Still, I was well enough rested when I got up sometime between 7 and 8.  I listened to audios while exercising, eating, and reading e-mail.  My laptop's ability to carry on even when unplugged allowed me to pack a suitcase and work outside.  A lady stopped by around 11.  I dug up some morning glories and a four o'clock for her.  I went back to watering stuff.  I transplanted another four o'clock into the enclosure.  I packed supplements and bags of
breakfast mix.  I recharged the ipod and the mp3 player that Kurt sent me.  I also loaded it with BWE and hypnosis stuff.  The Fedex lady came by with a package that I had to sign for.  Something Chris ordered.  When Chris came home, he took my car to fill it up.  It means a lot to me that he does that.  I think I'd faint if I saw the price.  I picked some greens from the yard and made a salad.  Then I went to the HHQ guild meeting.  I dropped off the comfort quilt that Linda and I had made.  She was there with 6 or 7 guests to see Paula Nadelstern.  Paula was selling books and fabrics at the front.  She also gave a very nice talk about how she got into making kaleidoscope quilts.  She will be teaching classes here tomorrow and Saturday.   After the talk, I went home.  Chris and I watched the rest of MASH season 3.  Henry Blake dies in the last episode.  Kind of a downer.  But life goes on.  I write this blog and I get to go to bed.

No comments: