Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthday shopping


We slept in a little. Hearing Al and Cecily moving around, we decided to get up and dressed. We all had breakfast (or just orange juice), and sat around talking. I did get a chance to jump on the rebounder for awhile. My toe is not bothering me and my cold is gone. Around 1, Cecily wanted a Subway sandwich for lunch, so they all went to Subway while I stayed home to practice. We sat and talked while the three of them ate. Then they went to the mall to buy Chris some shirts for his birthday and then go grocery shopping. Again, I stayed home. I watered my plants, read some e-mail, and practiced more. They returned much sooner than I expected. Cecily opined that Chris only wanted plain white shirts and not the fancy patterned white shirts. Alfred read his e-mail and he had one from Christy saying she wanted a pic of the Harry Potter quilt restored. Well, I had forgotten all about it, not even sure what I had done with the extra fabric she had sent me. So as we talked in the living room, I sat with a seam ripper and took out the part of the binding that was chewed up. Two parts, actually. Then I took the whole thing downstairs. I found the extra HP fabric, and cut a strip to match the piece I had to replace. With a lot of pinning and repinning, I was able to match the background diamonds. I sewed it back on the front and then pinned the back down for topstitching. I did not get to finish sewing because it was then time to eat supper. Chris and Cecily made swordfish with wild rice and peas. We chatted through supper and after. Cecily cleared off the table. We continued to talk. Stories ran rampant; both new and repeats. Cecily went to bed. More stories. I decided to write my blog so it didn't get forgotten.
* quilt pic taken in Paducah *

No comments: