Friday, May 11, 2012

Postage to Korea

I started the first audio, and then exercised.  It was one audio after another through breakfast, e-mail and stamping a card for my mom. Charlie came over to mow the lawn.  I wrote him a check, and put a card to my mom in the mail. I sat outside and listened to an audio while sitting in the sun.  At 2 I went to the shopping center where there was supposed to be a postal office.  But all I found was UPS.  The UPS lady said it would cost $200 to send the 8 lb pkg to Korea.  Yikes!  So I went to the post office 2 miles away.  I had to repackage the contents into a flat rate box.  The price was still more than I would have paid under any other circumstances, but I wanted her to have something to open for her birthday.  So anyway, I went home. I moved all the pictures in the guest room either into the closet or into the hallway to go downstairs later.  Yes, another audio was playing.  There are just too many this week.  But I am getting pretty good at carrying my laptop around.  I was practicing my trombone when Chris came home from work.  He started a game with the voices almost immediately.  I guess I was playing too loudly because he shut the door to the family room.  After I played as long as I could, it was time for supper.  I had a piece of fish and picked dandelion for a salad.  I ate my salad outside while - you guessed it - listening to another audio.  I ate some frozen fruit which made me cold, so I sat in bed and kept listening.  One audio after another.  Some only 10 minutes long, some over 2 hours.  I took my laptop downstairs to listen while finishing the binding on the purple quilt. Chris' game went on until after 11.  I was still listening, am still listening.  This one is a video called the Thrive Movement Movie.  It is very interesting, follows the money to where it is being consolidated and used to control events and people.
* quilt from Paducah *

No comments: