Friday, May 11, 2012

Garlic: ripe or RIP?

I started the day with two tapping audios.  I exercised and fixed breakfast.  When the audios were over, I started in on the longer ones.  But deleted several because I am tired of being tied to my laptop, or having it tied to me.  I put it into a backpack while I swept off the shelves in the carport.  It was dusty work.  Then I left it behind while I transplanted some daffodil bulbs, and dug up a stand of garlic.  I dug them up because their foliage had fallen over.  That's what articles on the internet said to do.  However, they also said it happens in July or August.  I think they live farther north.  Anyway, I looked up how to pickle garlic.  Then I brought the bulbs in and blanched them.  I tried to peel them, but there were no cloves inside,  they were like onions.  I cut them up.  I boiled vinegar, sugar and salt and threw in the garlic.  Then I put them in jars and covered them with the juice.  I really don't think they are ripe, but hope they pickle ok anyway.  I took pics of the daylilies in bloom, and the plant I can't identify.  I was reading e-mail when Chris came home.  We ate supper.  I watered the tomatoes.  We watched our latest Netflix movie - Mission Impossible.  This one I was able to follow (unlike the previous ones which had me baffled).  But it was so suspenseful I almost asked Chris to pause the movie so I could catch my breath.   Since it was still early, Chris wanted to watch Walking with Dinosaurs: Allosaurus.  It is a BBC production and not bad for a documentary.  Then he went to bed.  I took a shower to get off all the dust and plan to go to bed as soon as I finish this blog.  Tomorrow is another sewing Saturday and I hope I think of something to take to work on by morning.  It is also the day we are supposed to put food out by the mailbox for the mailcarrier to collect.  I bought some cans yesterday after going to the post office. I just hope I remember to put the bag out.

No comments: