Sunday, May 20, 2012

Leaving the lovely beach house

Our suitemates alarm went off several times.  Finally she got up to take a shower.  It was 6:30.  I went out to see if my bathing suit was dry.  It had fallen off the chair so it was still a little damp.  Her husband got up and got himself ready while she packed, then they left the room.  I grabbed my laptop to type in yesterday's post.  I also read my e-mail.  Chris took a shower while I packed.  I went outside to take a pic of the house, but it was raining too hard for me to cross the street and get a good pic.  We went to the dining room for breakfast.  I ate my usual breakfast.  Mark had cake and coke.  Mary boiled the rest of a carton of eggs.  Haley ate one, and we took the rest with us.  Mary also gave us bottles of frozen water.  That came in really handy on the way home.  I rested one on the back of my neck which got sunburnt.  It doesn't look red, it sure feels red.  Mary had a matt for a picture that she wanted everyone to sign.  I had signed it on Saturday but couldn't really think of anything to write other than typical greeting card phrases.  Well, on the way back some better stuff occurred to me.  Too late.  When we go to the interstate, we listened to a book on CD of Sherlock Holmes cases.  It was ok once we figured out which parts to fast forward through.  It was taken from an old radio show and had commercials in it.  When that was finished, we put on "The Last Days of Krypton".  That was interesting, but we did not finish it before we got home.  We unpacked the car, then went to the grocery store.  After the groceries were put away, Chris heated up the chicken soup.  I went outside to water the plants, which were looking a little dry, but not too bad.  Maybe it rained while we were gone?  The grass was certainly taller.  Our next door neighbor came over to the fence to tell me he had scared away a deer from my garden yesterday.  I saw that it ate all the tops off of the wild lettuce.  Those were the young, tender leaves.  One of my tomatoes is almost ripe and I considered picking it.  I think I will pick it in the morning (unless the deer gets it first).  Our neighbor also brought me a load of mulch for my tomatoes.  He was so nice.  He picked some cilantro (which I ate while we talked) and a turnip and a radish.  I planted them later.  He told me how I could turn the brick enclosure into an herb garden and cover it with screening to keep the rabbits out.  Then I picked some dandelion and spinach and wild lettuce (the not-so-young and tender leaves) for a salad.  I ate it with the chicken soup.  I watched the season finale of Big Bang Theory from the CBS website.  Then I downloaded pics from my camera to both my laptop and the desktop.  I used the laptop to add pics to the last to posts.  It is only 9 now, and I think I am going to practice my trombone, but we might end up downstairs watching TV before we go to bed.

No comments: