Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No more company

I got up before 8, but my in-laws were already awake. I dressed and ate breakfast as they packed. Cecily insisted on emptying the dishwasher. When they were both ready to go, I saw them to their car and waved as they left. I hooked up a hose lying in the flower bed. I used it to water both gardens. It leaks, but it was faster. I read my e-mail while listening to an audio. There were a lot this morning. I cut several short but it still took until after 3 to clear them all out. While listening, I washed and dried the sheets from the guest room and the HP quilt. I covered the downstairs AC vents with plastic bags. I set up my trombone for easy access, but gave my lips the day off. I also finished making binding for the green kaleidoscope and made a backing for it. When the audio ran out, I put on the book on CD. I used that time to design a pattern for insets to finish off the edges of the blue kaleidoscope. I cut four and sewed them on, but two were short so I may have to adjust the pattern. Chris came home and fixed leftovers. When I found a good stopping place, I came up and had some chicken. He told me he saw the deer again, near our compost pile. I saw a rabbit, and he went out to take it's picture for me. After I brushed my teeth, we went down to watch NCIS episodes. Now he's gone to bed and soon I shall join him.

No comments: