Monday, May 21, 2012

My first tomato

Last night after I posted, I simply went to bed early.  Chris did not want to watch TV.  I put a book CD in my portable CD player.  I figured if they put me to sleep in the car, they should work as well in bed.  I think it did.  But having gone to bed early, I woke up early as well.  Then I couldn't go back to sleep because of a scrape-scrape-scrape noise.  Chris said he heard it too.  But I could only hear it while lying down.  As soon as I got up, it was gone.  I checked my pulse to be sure that wasn't it.  Very odd.  Finally I did go back to sleep, waking after sunrise.  There were no audios to listen to since it was Monday morning.  I looked out the window to see that it had been raining, so no need to water any plants.  I went out to pick the tomato, making sure the deer did not get it.  I scented the area to keep it away from the other plants, too. I exercised, then fixed breakfast.  I read e-mail while I ate.  I did a little practicing.  I put together a Swansons order, but did not have enough on it to put the order through. I listened to a couple of meditations.  I ate lunch.  I sat outside and did some tapping. I washed the popsicle molds.  I picked some greens and pureed them, distributing the liquid evenly among the popsicles. That wasn't enough so I juiced some carrots.  That did not quite do it either, so I juiced two apples. Then the molds were full and I added the tops and put it all in the freezer.  Then I had to clean it all up: the blender, the juicer parts, the bowl, the countertops, etc.  I had just sat down when Chris came home.  He had groceries and drycleaning.  I took a shower and dressed for band practice.  Chris cooked fish for supper.  I used the scanner to copy some music so I could write all over it.  I decided that if I couldn't play it right, then I would play it wrong but at least make it sound right.  I wrote my own version.  Then the fish was ready so I ate my piece.  I packed up my horn and the music and a mute and an umbrella before heading out.  The rain stopped before I got there.  So I did not need the umbrella then.  But it started again during practice.  There was a new trombonist there so I introduced myself.  Don't ask me his name.  Practice went ok.  The director made us play the piece he said last week that we probably weren't going to play.  Otherwise I would have enlarged it since it is extra small (I think it is marching music).  There are a few other pieces that I wouldn't mind having enlarged.  After practice, we walked out into the rain.  It is tough to hold all that stuff and an upright umbrella too.  When I got home, Chris was on the computer.  I took my too-small music and put it in the scanner.  I wasn't sure how to use this particular scanner, so Chris helped me.  Actually he did it himself.  He made copies, and sent the images to his computer to print on 11 x 17 paper at work.  That ought to be big enough for me to see!  Like last night, he did not want to watch TV, so I guess I'll go to bed early.

No comments: