Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chris' Birthday


We got up soon after the alarm went off. Chris took his shower while I started preparing my breakfast. When he came out, I took my shower, then finished breakfast and read a bit of e-mail while eating. Then I got dressed and we left about 9. We were at church by 9:10, but the choir was already practicing. Church was supposed to start at 9:30, but their clock was slow so it started later. Everything went well. After church we went to Cracker Barrel for brunch. There were a lot of people sitting outside, but we only waited 20 minutes. Al and Cecily had pancakes, Chris had bacon and biscuits, and I had a salad. Then we went home to change clothes. Cecily had Chris open a bag with his new shirts and socks. I could not find the DVD's I bought him 5 months ago, so Cecily suggested I tell him that he has to find his birthday present. Ha, ha. I guess we were all talked out 'cause Al got on his laptop and Cecily did Sudoku while I finished the HP quilt and Chris did more laundry. Chris and Cecily held up the quilt so I could photograph it for Christy. I did a little practicing and listened to an audio. Then it was time to go out for supper. Chris picked the Greek place called Taziki. It looked fancy from the outside, but inside it was more downscale. We picked up a menu from the cashier, and decided what we wanted. Chris and Al went up to order, and later someone brought the food to our table. Fortunately it was very good. I had grape leaves stuffed with rice. Chris and Al got the pork, and Cecily ordered lamb. Al and Cecily both shared their meals with me. My order was an appetizer which also came with hummus and a cucumber yogurt and crispy flatbread. I did eat some flatbread, but it was as a delivery vehicle for the hummus. There was also the obligatory bottle of Chardonay. When we were finished and Chris had the take-home box with the leftover rice and flatbread, we went next door to Publix for frozen fruit and orange juice. I think we bought more than that, however. We took our purchases home. Then we sat in the family room and traded more stories; most of them about Al's heart attack and subsequent medical history. Finally Chris announced he was going to bed, so I announced that I was going to write to my blog, and so the elder Damours went to bed. I think Chris is waiting for me now.

No comments: