Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My version of the block

There were a few audios to listen to today, but I cut each one short where they go into the sales speech. I jumped, I fixed breakfast, I ate while checking e-mail. I went outside to water the garden, check for evidence of the deer, etc. I was expecting Charlie and wanted to be outside when he came so I could warn him not to whack my plants. Finally I went to the sewing room with a book on CD. I sewed until I heard him driving around on his large mower. I ran upstairs to write him a check, and used the opportunity of handing it over to point out where not to whack. He seemed to understand, and I forgot to check later to see if he actually did. I also forgot to tell him that blowing the carport clean was a one-time job, and I think he did it again this week. But that's ok because my in-laws are coming on Friday. I guess I will have to do some cleaning this week. For lunch I cooked up organic ground beef with fresh minced garlic. I was hoping that mincing the garlic would make it stronger, but I still hardly tasted it. Then I went back to sewing. Carol Doak is giving away 4 yards of fabric to some random person who posts a pic of her block on the site. So I made the block. However, I did not use her paper-piecing method. So maybe it won't count. I also put a large border on the kaleidoscope block, and was working on the binding when Chris came home. After supper (which I forgot to eat), he came down to see if I was going to band practice or choir practice. Tonight was the last choir practice, but I told them last week that I wouldn't be there 'cause of all the band practices. So Chris and I watched NCIS episodes for the rest of the evening. As I logged in to Blogger for some reason it wanted me to sign in. And the sign-in page had the link for a new posting, but somehow it got lost when I clicked on something else instead. Anyway, in searching for it, I found a link to the old Blogger interface, which I am using now. It is like meeting an old friend again after many years.

No comments: