Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ugly fabrics make a fair top

Chris woke me up slowly.  Then it was breakfast time.  I posted to my blog. Chris had a nice Mother's Day card for me.  We were ready on time to arrive at church early.  The choir practiced for a few minutes, and then we waited for church.  The rain came down in a torrent.  A bunch of young girls sang at the beginning of the service, and then handed out roses to all the mothers.  They were so cute.  After the service, we met Cindy and her husband.  She works for the court system with juvenile offenders.  Then we went to the grocery store, and home.  I put my rose in a vase after clipping the stem.  Chris cut up veggies while I de-boned some chicken to make chicken soup.  We both read e-mail for awhile.  I called my parents and spoke to each of them.  Dad can hardly hear and Mom can hardly talk.  Sometimes I wonder how they get along.  She spoke about a party yesterday like it was a mother's day party, but I wonder if it was for Faye's birthday.  Then Chris called his mom.  We tried to Skype Michele, but she wasn't on.  I practiced my trombone for awhile, as long as I could until my lip gave out. Then we got a hold of Michele briefly, but she was on her way out the door for class.  Chris held up the top I finished yesterday so I could take a pic of it.  If you could see the individual fabrics, you wouldn't like them.  But they do go together well.  The ants came back so I put out an ant bait.  We went down to watch episodes of MASH.  When we came up, the ants were all over the bait.  I hope they take the hint.  My desktop computer was off because the power was interrupted by a blown transformer.  It seemed like it took 10 minutes to boot up.  But now that it has, I can finish my post and go to bed.

No comments: