Saturday, May 5, 2012

The mouse had a good time

When the cat's away, the mice will play.  But will they blog about what they did where the cat can read all about it?  Chris was still in Atlanta.  I got up about 8, called up the latest audio to listen while I jumped, and had breakfast.  As I was reading e-mail, it seemed the kitchen light got brighter, but then realized the sky was getting darker and it was going to rain.  I brought in the table cloth that was hanging out to dry.  The rain did not last long, so I went out to look at the plants.  I saw the first lily was blooming and the oakleaf hydrangea.  The four o'clocks are going to bloom in yellows and reds. I planted one of the tomato sprouts which got too big for the planter.  I looked up garlic harvesting to see when to pick them.  They say to cut the scapes (blooming stalk) off and eat them so the plant will put its energy into the bulb. When the lower leaves turn brown, dig it up.  They also said the stalk is 'garlicier' than the bulb.  I listened to several Youtube videos on brain wave entrainment while surfing the net.  I felt like cleaning up, so I washed the pots and pans, and the crockpot.  I needed to do some embroidery and realized the software was on the old computer.  It had never been set up.  But how hard could it be?  I assumed all the pieces were there, and the cables had different ends, so it was just a big puzzle.  When I was done, it actually worked.  Wow.  Ok, so I digitized the design, loaded it on the card and went down to the embroidery machine.  The machine tried to outsmart me, but in the end, I won.  I washed away the extra stabilizer and hung the item out to dry.   I picked dandelion and wild lettuce and a garlic scape. I made salad with that and spinach from the fridge.  But the scape was too strong and I left most of it out.  Still, my mouth was on fire when I finished eating.  I spread out my new fabric from Padukah on the bed like eye candy.  It looked so delicious that I jumped in and rolled around in it.  All those prints, batiks, and hand-dyeds, it was wonderful.  I spent a moment outside to enjoy first fireflies of the season. Then I closed the windows to practice my trombone.  Then it was time to pick up the fabrics, fold and take them downstairs.  I watched a bunch of quilting videos on-line. I wasn't terribly impressed with the lineup.  When I realized it was almost time for the cat to come home, I decided to write my blog.  And now he's here.  At least the mouse had a good time.

No comments: