Sunday, May 13, 2012

May sewing Day

It was a Saturday morning, but I could not sleep in.  I woke up at 8, ate breakfast, and may have listened to a tapping audio.  Can't remember now.  I packed up a box of sewing supplies, my machine, seaweed and an apple for lunch, and some unfinished projects, and headed out for the sewing event.  It was supposed to be a paper-piecing day, and some did.  But it wasn't a class, and my projects weren't like that.  First I finished my 'Strips of Ugly Fabric" quilt top.  Then I worked on my blue kaleidoscope.  The points needed taking in so they would lay flat.  I did that, but when it came to piecing in a background, I found I needed supplies I hadn't brought along.  So I moved on the the fishy stack-n-whack.  I did some math and started piecing a border that resembles a fence.  By then it was almost 4:30 so I packed up to go.  Deb was working on  a PP dragon quilt for her son.  Jen had decided to do the AQS BOM, God bless her.  And Lisa was cutting sets of 4 squares on point from a variety of striped fabrics to make really neat blocks.  I wish I had taken a pic, but she packed up as soon as she finished the last one, and I lost my chance.  On the way home, I stopped at Huntsville High School to see the layout of the parking lot and auditorium.  I will need to find the bandroom on Monday night and wanted to catch the lay of the land.  When I got home, Chris was playing with the voices.  I went outside to transplant some 4 o'clocks and do some weeding before it rained.  I had some supper, and listened to another audio, this time one that was recommended by Lisa.  It was an interview with the author of "Dying to be Me", Anita Moorjani.  I also did one of the tapping audios, leaving the other one for Sunday.  When Chris' game was over (along with the post-game commentary), and my audio was over, we went downstairs to watch episodes of MASH.  It was late when we started, and even later when we finished, so I fell asleep afterwards without posting.
* Quilt from Paducah.  I promise to upload a pic of the Strips of Ugly Fabric top after I take one.  *

No comments: