Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monthly quilt meeting

I played the current audio while watering the plants.  Much to my surprise, I found spinach growing where I had given up on it.  So I pulled out the weeds around it, and I watered it.  I folded the laundry - I save it every week to do during the first audio.  Then I used the rebounder and fixed breakfast.  I ate while I read e-mail.  Some one on Freecycle asked for a bed frame.  There is one in the carport, so I responded to her ad.  I watched several 'eatyourkimchi' vidoes.  Then I brushed off the bedframe and went outside to rake leaves while waiting for the lady to arrive.  We had to take it apart to get it in her car.  Then I finished raking and put on some shoes to pull the tallest weeds to the left of the carport.  I also dug out lots of pokeweed in the back.  I noticed the tree was full of black cherries, not yet ripe.  I came in and rested while listening to another audio and working on the binding.  Then I took a shower.  My back was bothering me so I laid down for a bit.  But when I was feeling better, I got up to vacuum the dust collecting in the corners, and on surfaces.  I had gathered projects to show the group, but there were a few I couldn't bring, so I printed out pics to take along.  Chris came home and fixed himself supper.  I had to look up the start time for the meeting and it was earlier than I expected.  So I hadn't time to eat, but packed up and left.  At the meeting, attendance was a little low.  Linda brought sewing books from her mother's estate to share with the group.  There were plenty of books not taken because we already have them.  We had show-and-tell.  Deb revisited the future dates for the group, and passed around a few books for us to look at.  I passed around the Paducah show book, and another one on modern dresden plates.  I tried to show my Paducah pictures but forgot that I renamed the file.  I did a demo on piped half-square triangles, and showed my sample projects.  They chose the zippered velcro purse.  I found the pic of Jen winning the Janome sewing machine.  The meeting was over early.  But Deb and I chatted in the parking lot for quite a while.  I came home a different way because I missed the Jordan road turn.  So I took University to Memorial to Drake.  It was pretty fast.  I was home by 8:30.  Chris and I watched several episodes of MASH.  But it took a long time 'cause the DVD was scratched and kept stopping.  Chris made me a better offer, and I fell asleep.
*  This is Caryl Bryer Fallert's winning submission at Paducah.  I think it is made of silk. *

No comments: