Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The deer

I had several audios to listen to today.  I was able to exercise, fix and eat breakfast,  read e-mail, repair Chris' umbrella, fold laundry and work on my slide.  I was fighting the slide last night so today I cleaned it inside and out, cleaned the inside of the outside and the outside of the inside.  I even let it soak in the tub for awhile to loosen the buildup of whatever it is that collects inside the inside.  Then, when all the slide cream was off, I reapplied a fresh coat which made an incredible difference.  Now it is as slick as can be.  When the audios were over, I went outside to rake under the magnolia tree so I could mow there before Charlie comes tomorrow.  But before I did that, I picked all the dandelion that might get cut off by the lawn mower.  After mowing under the tree, I couldn't help mowing the ditches, and more of the yard near the tree, and inside the fence.  That is when I found poison ivy, which I dug up and disposed of.  I also put the leaves back around the tree as mulch.  I took the dandelion in for lunch.  Then I dug up a plant (don't know what it is) because it's sibling is blooming greatly so I want to save it from Charlie.  I also taped the nasturtium packet to a chopstick and pushed it into the flowerbed as a warning to Charlie not to weedwhack there.  Then I dug up some small wild lettuce plants that Charlie usually mows over and planted them inside the fence where the deer can't eat it (assuming we remember to close the gates).  To make room for the lettuce, I had to pull out other stuff: mostly weeds, but some were lirope.  I replanted the lirope out front, discovering a hole with tunnel in the flowerbed and a dead bird on the sidewalk. Chris came home and we had chicken soup for supper.  I took a much needed shower and dressed for band.  Chris brought me enlarged music so I played it a little bit, then stowed it in my folder. I packed up and headed for band.  I watched the clock in my car.  It took exactly 5 minutes to go from my carport to the parking lot at Huntsville High School.  I was 15 minutes early, so I warmed up some more, and talked to the player next to me.  He is a band director for a K-8 school nearby.  I noticed a drop of blood on my hand.  Somehow I had scraped it and never noticed.  I washed it off, and still didn't feel anything.  Odd.  The session went well for me because my slide was so fast.  But then everyone did well, which is good because Thursday is our next and last practice.  The concert is Monday evening.  As I was parking at home, I noticed the deer in the yard near the driveway.  I beeped my horn to scare it away.  After I brought my stuff into the house, I went back into the yard to see if he had chewed my tomato plants.  They looked ok in the dark, and I saw him standing near the lilies, watching me.  I made coaxing noises, but he just walked off.  As I came back to the house, I made sure the gates were closed.  Chris was on his computer.  He ordered a cable that connects the laptop to the TV.  So we took my laptop downstairs to watch NCIS from the website, but on the large screen.  Sadly, it did not work so well.  Internet signal strength is compromised just enough to be really annoying.  We finished the episode upstairs.  Then Chris went to bed while I stayed up to amend last night's blog and write a new one for today.
* I was going to post a pic of the blooming sibling, but can't find the pic.  So, here is the embroidery project that I couldn't post weeks ago because it was a gift.   I would like to take credit for the whole thing, but all I did was to embroider "Y'all" across the watering can.  *

No comments: