Friday, May 4, 2012

Still no heat

I got up, listened to the latest audio.  It was raining so I did not have to water anything.  I put off jumping and breakfast because I was expecting the HVAC repair man at 8:30.  At 9 I gave up on him, and started the rest of my daily routine.  Well, then he showed up.  He did not stay long, said he would come back this afternoon, and would I be home?  I agreed to be home.  I finished my routine, then put on my bathing suit and scrubbed the deck and steps.  They look much better now.  I went back to reading e-mail.  The doorbell rang.  It was the postman with a box wrapped in brown paper, no name.  I almost refused it, but then remembered Chris saying one of his friends was sending him a game.  Wonder what the mailman thought when I opened the door wearing my bathing suit.  Anyway, after e-mail and two more audios, I put the black quilt in a box, labeled it, weighed it, and looked up postal rates.  Then I worked on the hexagonal blocks from yesterday.  They needed to be trimmed, but I don't have a hexagonal ruler and my triangular ruler is too small.  So I just sewed them together the way they were.  The HVAC guy finally came, he hadn't gotten any parts.  He poked around for quite some time, and then said he was coming back tomorrow, would I be home?  I was tired of promising to be home.  I have a package to mail.  But yes, I will be home in the morning.  So he left, and 25 minutes later, Chris came home.  We fixed salad for supper.  We watched BBT at 7 downstairs, then the current Netflix arrival: a modern day version of Sherlock Holmes.  I'd seen it before, on Korean TV, but I must have been sewing at the time, because so many portions of it seemed new.  After Chris went upstairs, I fell asleep on the couch.  He came and led me to bed and I fell asleep again.
* Another winner from Paducah *

No comments: