Monday, June 25, 2012

Back with my parents

After getting to bed really late, Michele and I talked before falling asleep. So I slept late, but she get up early. She had left her new computer on all night to download some game which she couldn't wait to play. But she played it in the livingroom, which meant that she opened and closed the squeaky door A LOT. I figured I might as well get up. I ate breakfast, got dressed, picked blackberries and got my stuff together. Al drove me over to my parents' place. He stayed to chat for a bit. After he left, it was lunchtime, but my dad was getting Mom's pills ready for the week. He said it normally took less than an hour, but today it seemed to go on forever. I fed my mom some blackberries, then sat with her and tried to do some energy work on her. I think we started lunch around 2. I tried to help speed the process, but he wanted to do each thing himself. I fixed Mom a sandwich and fed it to her. A storm blew up from the NW. Dad watched the weather channel the way some people would watch a football game. I didn't find it that interesting. Dad gave me a pair of shorts that needed mending on the pocket. Then I got out my star parts and sewed the first ones together by hand. Dad fixed supper, which took far longer than anyone would expect. Patrick came over and Dad asked him to clean one of the cars. I offered him some kimchi and he ate two bowls of it. But he wouldn't touch the fermented tea. After supper Mom and Dad ate some blackberries, then went for a walk. By then the sun was setting. And it wasn't a walk so much as a run. Even though he was pushing the wheelchair with Mom in it, I had to run now and then to keep up. At one point I almost stepped on a dark spot on the road, thinking it was a wet leaf. But it started jumping like a frog and I just missed it. Halfway through, he turned her around and came back because it was too dark. She thought she had to go to the bathroom, but then ... nothing. So I read to her and then she went. I sat her in the den. Dad gave me a piece of choral music to share with my choir director. I gave him some hand softener made by the lady who raises bees. Finally Mom agreed to go to bed. I brushed her teeth and dressed her. Dad finished the dishes in the dishwasher, and took his time decided what to wear to bed. I clipped Mom's toenails and offered to clip his. I left her in bed, and went to write my blog. I was surprised when my laptop actually connected with Dad's wifi. But here I am, and I am almost done except for a pic. I didn't take any today.

No comments: