Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cathedral Caverns





Up at 8, exercised, fixed breakfast, ate while reading e-mail. When I was in the shower, I realized that I didn't want to go to church without Chris. I felt kinda bad about that, but spent the time patching Chris' inner pocket. I had to do some of it by hand since I cannot get the machine inside the pocket. Maybe he could put all his pens and pencils in the other pocket to wear out that one equally? Just as I finished, Chris drove in from Atlanta. We went to the grocery store. I ate some pickled grape leaves. Then we went to Cathedral Caverns. It was a nice place. We arrived 15 minutes before the next tour started. Our tour guide was a very outspoken southern woman. She was a hoot! I was glad I brought my jacket because it was cool down there. She told us about the formations, and added anecdotes which made it more lively. One 'room' had the pillars that gave Cathedral caverns its name. Awesome! The guide told us that people sometimes get married there. At the end of the cave, she turned off the lights so we could experience total darkness. Chris behaved himself, which was the only time he did. The guide let me touch one of the rocks since I asked to touch something old. On the way out, we climbed some steps that the guide said she couldn't take us on (since it wasn't wheelchair accessible, it couldn't be on the tour). There were some interesting patterns in the rock up there. After the cave experience, we walked a couple of trails. We saw a little bird just screeching his head off. I couldn't believe such a small bird could make such a big sound. Then we saw the snake coiled in the tree nearby. Two friends came to join him and they all screeched together. We finished our walk and headed home. On the way, we heard a thump and I saw a dog kennel top skittering away from our car. I did not see it in the road, so don't know where it came from. But after that, the AC stopped working. We went to Icheban Japanese steak house for an early supper. It was good and I want to go back for the eel. Then we came home. We walked around the garden. I judged the tomatoes as needing another day (plus I wasn't hungry). Chris picked the hot pepper that was ready. Then we came in to brush our teeth and check e-mail. I watered the plants, and then we watched the rest of the NCIS season.

No comments: