Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preparing for the quilting ladies

I read e-mail until I woke up. While I was reading, the computer shut itself down, reset my settings and then started back up. I was NOT happy! But who do I complain to? Who told my computer that it was allowed to restart to enable updates without my permission? So I took out the recyclables, separated out the glass, and put the rest by the street. I watered the vegetables and newly planted flowers. I noticed the first tomato plant had been eaten about waist height. And the wild lettuce was recently stripped. The deer has been here! I alternated exercise with steps in the preparation of breakfast. I checked the batches of kombucha. I saw something that might be mold in the large batch. I removed it with a spoon. I poured some out into a mug so I could test the Ph. But the tester would not work. I added vinegar just to make sure it was acidic, but still the needle would not move. I had inadvertently left it on last time I used it. I changed the battery three times, then tested the batteries. They were fine but the unit was toast. I listened to audios while creating a neatness. I downloaded several versions of Metatron's cube and printed them out so I can use it for a quilt pattern. I put on my bathing suit and went out for 20 minutes of sun. When I came in, I heard a knock at the door, and found my Swanson order on the porch. I went downstairs to clean my sewing room. I always say that my sewing area is where the magic happens. Usually I am referring to the creative process, but today it was the neatness. After picking up all the scraps, putting the rulers in place, moving some of the 'stuff' out to the garage, etc, it looked so good that I wanted to start a new project. But, the whole point of cleaning it was to get ready for the ladies who are coming tomorrow to make purses. I am not sure what I am going to do with them. I am expecting three people, but more could come. They could sew downstairs if they didn't mind sewing while standing up. Otherwise it will have to be in the diningroom. Chris came home while I was running the Hoover. I came up to meet him. We had leftovers for supper. He looked at the kombucha too and identified it as mold. I looked up my electric Ph tester on Amazon and the reviews were bad. Then we watched the last of the NCIS season. I really hate it when they end with an episode that raises major questions right before the credits.

No comments: