Thursday, June 21, 2012

An interesting star

I was up early, around 7 I think. I knew Charlie was coming, so I went out to water the plants and rake around the tree. I was also going to mow under the tree, but picking the dandelion comes first and it was too early in the day. If I picked it early it would be wilted by lunch. I went back in for exercise and breakfast. When I heard Charlie mowing, I wrote the check and went out to give it to him. I reminded him not to weedwhack things I had planted and not to mow under the tree. His love of hot peppers came up and I promised him some, which he said to give him later. So when he was trimming, I went out with a bag. He accepted it and talked for awhile. Then he finished up my lawn and went across the street. I chose one audio to listen to. When it was over and Charlie was gone, I laid outside for some sun. Then I decided to mow under the tree. But Charlie had already done it. I took a shower and trimmed my hair. I cooked up a pound of organic ground beef and ate some of it for lunch. I picked a cucumber, the tops of the spinach, dandelion and turnip greens. I pureed them and poured it all in the popsicle molds with some stevia. I put water in my spigot jar, but it leaked. I tightened it with a wrench 4 times, but each time it leaked, only slower. I found an interesting star pattern online. I printed out the directions and several copies of the pieces. I took them to the sewing room. I was able to determine that it would be about 16 inches wide. So I arranged all the pieces in as small a space as possible in the center of a piece of paper. Then I scanned it and enlarged it to cover the whole piece. I printed that out, and determined that it would be about 22 inches. Chris came home and made some asparagus to go with the leftover pork. I ate some asparagus, fried up the mushrooms, and an egg. Not bad. I put on another audio that came in, but didn't say how long it was. When I got tired of it, we went down to watch NCIS. We finished the season and watched an episode of MASH before going to bed.

No comments: