Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hot pads are finished

I woke up early but was too stiff and sore to get up. Maybe it was from picking up pine cones or raking or mowing. Around 10:30 we ate breakfast and read e-mail. We did not go to church. Around noon I felt the need to talk a walk. So we went to Target and Kohls looking for jellyroll pans to replace the ones that were under the dish drainer (which rusted badly). Everything in the store was smaller than what we had before so we didn't buy anything. Then we went to Publix for groceries. A lady I met in church at mother's day recognized me and we talked for a bit. Then we picked up the items on our list and went home. Chris carried most of the groceries. I did not need to water any plants because it had rained. But I did pull a few weeds and use the pepper spray on the eaten plants. After reading e-mail, I went down to sew. I felt compelled to finish the hot pads before I could start a new project. But even then I could not start something new because I just had to 'fix' the blue and white top. So I took out a section of light blue and replaced it with a dark blue print, matching the slanted seam lines. Only then did I feel ready, and that is when Chris came down to see if I wanted to watch NCIS with him. So that is what we did, until supper was ready. Chris had prepared a pork roast in the oven. Boy, was it good! We also made ourselves salads. I picked greens from outside and a cucumber. This morning I drew out a cup of liquid from the kombucha and added a cup of the tea I brewed yesterday. The original cup of liquid went into the fridge and I finished it by the end of suppertime. This is how I plan to keep the kombucha going so I don't have to wait a week for each batch. Some people add fruit to their kombucha and I am considering it. After supper we watched 4 more episodes of NCIS and went to bed.

No comments: