Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Outsmarting rabbits


I began my day by listening to a Delta BWE. I got dressed, watered some plants. I discovered two tomatoes half eaten, probably by rabbits. Didn't their mother teach them that there are starving rabbits in china, and so they should finish eating what they start? Yesterday I made a hot pepper spray to keep the bugs off the plants, but the spray nozzle got stuck. I tried to get the spray bottle unstuck. Then I did my exercises. I called Charlie who was supposed to come mow the grass, but it didn't grow. I felt badly afterwards. I fixed and ate breakfast. I kept hearing noises in my yard, and finally realized that the people behind us are erecting a large pyramid in their back yard. It turned out to be a tent with tables and what looks like sound equipment. I read my e-mail, and was sent a link to an article on continuous brewing for the kombucha tea. I picked and ate my first cucumber for lunch. I laid my purple quilt on grass so I could listen to audios and get some sun. When I went in, I turned around and saw the deer eating at the back of the yard. I watched him closely. After he left, I sewed tulle onto the tomato cage to discourage the rabbits. The I worked on the setting triangles. I finished them and sewed them to the quilt, adding a blue border to stabilize the bias edges. My laptop was recharged so I went back out to listen on the quilt. I had to wrap up in it because of the flies. Chris came home. He ate supper and left. I picked salad greens and made a salad for supper. He came home, while I finished eating and listening to one last audio. We went down to watch 3 episodes of NCIS season 4. Chris went to bed but I have a feeling that he isn't sleeping just yet.

No comments: