Monday, June 4, 2012

Finally figured out those triangles

I woke up, not sure when. Chris was gone. I started my morning with e-mail and a supposedly energizing BWE, but it didn't work so well. I did a little chi gung to get going, then assembled the ingredients for a loaf of bread in the machine. That is when I heard someone trying to get in the door. Initially I was scared, but then I saw it was Chris. He came home to get his car and take it to a recommended mechanic. So I drove behind him to pick him up afterwards. He brought me home in my car, then went back to work. I fixed and ate breakfast, then resumed reading e-mail. I noticed a renewal form from a quilting magazine that I had written 'on hold, call to restart'. It was a message from 3 1/2 years ago. So I called the number and asked for the subscription to restart. They said they had no record of it by the zip code, but they could look it up by the credit card number or my account number. I did not know either, so after I hung up, I went downstairs to get a previous copy. I found one, but before I could get upstairs, I started working on the blue kaleidoscope. Bitten by the bug again. I figured out through trying one thing and another how to piece the setting triangles in a way that will complement the 12 point image. I pieced them as I listened to the last CD of the book "Timeline". When the book ended, I went upstairs to check my phone to see if anyone (including the mechanic) had called. No one had. I ate lunch, and walked around the yard to see how the plants were coming along. Two small tomatoes were ready to pick. The cucumber is twice the size it was 2 days ago. The wild lettuce was coming back, but evidently the deer came back to eat the new tops. I did not need to water anything because of the storm last night. I did smell dampness in the basement, but the only water I could find was in the garage. So I opened both doors to dry it out. I re-checked my e-mail, then sat on my bed to listen to one of the short BWE's on Youtube. I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I heard was a noise in the driveway which turned out to be Chris coming home from work. He fixed himself supper while I sat, too lethargic to move. I must have woken in the middle of a sleep cycle. I finally got up to get a package of frozen fruit. I did not feel so good on that, so I picked some dandelion and spinach and turnip leaves for a salad. I felt better after that. Chris ran the dishwasher and we went down to watch a movie. He rented "Support your local gunfighter" with James Garner. It was only 8:45 when the movie ended, but he wanted to go to bed anyway. I tried, but it was just too early for me. I think I'll work on those pieced triangles some more.
* Here is an old haybaler we saw at the caverns yesterday. *

No comments: