Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our garden is alive!

It was almost 8 when we got up. Chris wanted to leave by 8. We did not make it, but we had breakfast, then moved everything out to the car. I am not sure when we left. It was a long trip. According to the thermometer in the car, the temp got up to 110. We started a book on tape that turned out to be stomach-turning. We did not finish it. Instead, we started "Last Days of Krypton". We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for lunch but the lines were very long. There were power outages from the storm last night and it was one of the few places open in that area. We kept going until we found a Subway. I had a salad and they had subs. I think it was 7 CST when we got in. I was surprised to find that my garden was alive! The condition of the grass indicated that it hadn't rained during the week, so maybe someone took pity on my garden and watered it. I picked two cucumbers and a tomato. More were ready, but I like to pick them when I am ready to eat them. I watered the plants as soon as we carried the stuff in from the car. The house was sweltering, so Chris turned on the AC. Michele elected to stay downstairs with her computer while the house cooled off. But Chris and I took a cold shower (to cool off and save water). Then he got some ice cubes...but I digress. By the end of the evening, all three of us were on our laptops catching up on the e-mail we missed.
* this pic is from Friday at the mall *

No comments: