Friday, June 22, 2012

Packing for the trip

I got up with lots of things to do in mind. I watered the gardens and said a prayer for rain while we are gone. I did not find anything to pick. I put several things in a pile to get packed later. I did remember to exercise today, and then I ate breakfast and fixed breakfast for tomorrow. I packed my supplements and special breakfast foods in a box. At least I don't have to worry about getting it all through customs. I listened to parts of several audios. I spent 20 minutes laying in the sun. I was going to mow the ditch but it just wasn't important compared to other stuff I had to do. Last night I had cut out pieces for a star. Today I sewed them together. It's ok, but I will make another one and be more careful so it will be more accurate. I tried to move some mp3 files from the laptop to the desktop. I tried it by e-mail, even zipping the file, but Yahoo just couldn't attach the files. I gave up on that, and created a CD for my Dad from the laptop. Chris came home before one. He found me a CD sleeve to put my Dad's Cd in. He did two loads of laundry so we would have clean clothes to pack. I packed a few things in a suitcase, but just couldn't concentrate. Finally I realized that I was cold, being dressed for hot outdoor weather but with AC in the house. I cut some of the pieces for the first star and put them in a bag with a needle and thread. I may have an opportunity to hand-sew that one. I found my blue bag and packed that with things I will want to have with me in the car. We did not watch any TV. Chris, however, did watch me every time I leaned over to pick up or put down any item. Dirty old man. He'd better change his ways before Michele comes home for the summer.

No comments: