Monday, June 18, 2012

The first of the daisy-like flowers

Last night after I posted to my blog, I was able to change my e-mail address on Blogger. It has been wrong for 4 years now because it requires access to the old account and the old account is gone. But now they've changed it. Whoo-hoo! This morning, I watered the plants, happened to see the mail truck stop, so I got the mail. There was my package of Ph test strips. I exercised, ate breakfast, and looked up toothpaste without glycerin - it was hard to find. Then I remembered that my friend Doris wanted me to audition for the Huntsville chorus so I looked up their website to see when the next audition date was. The website said at the audition you are expected to sing a song of your choosing. So I wondered what song I should sing. I pulled sheet music from my collection (Man of La Mancha), found my favorite songs from Rigoletto on Youtube, and went on to Phantom of the Opera. I had a fantastic time singing, but could not make a decision. It was sunny so I went out to sunbath. I only got through the first audio before the sun went behind a really big cloud. So while I waited for it to pass, I sprayed weeds and white flies with possibly moldy kombucha, trimmed shrubs in front of house, and mowed inside the fence. When the sun came back I finished sunning my other side, then went in to have a drink. I read the latest e-mail, and researched how to deal with white flies. I call Dad since I didn't call yesterday. I talked to Mom, and she spoke well. Dad says he has cut out her sleeping pill and she seems more energetic. Chris came home and ate supper. He read his personal e-mail, and we went out to the garden to see the first daisy, and pick hot green peppers. He went back to work for a late meeting. I read more e-mail, googled the effects of fluoride on the pituitary gland, made a new batch of tea, and boiled dried hot peppers to make more hot pepper spray . Then Chris came home so we watched one episode of NCIS before he went to bed.
* This is the first bloom of the plant I had tentatively identified as a black-eyed susan using the plant identification books that Doris lent me. *

No comments: