Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bob bests the clog

First thing this morning I checked kombuchas, adding distilled vinegar to one, and moving both to the dining room. Chris left the bread machine open, so I filled it and left it to run. I exercised, read some e-mail, fixed breakfast, read more e-mail, deleting some audios and listening to others. I took a shower and researched kombucha test strips. I noticed that the kombucha 'weed killer' is fermenting but there is no sign that the other ones are. The weeds are looking a little dry but otherwise ok. I gave up waiting for Bob to call. I went out to mow, rake under magnolia tree, pick dandelion, and mow again, finishing the yard. Now I know that it takes 4 days to mow this lawn with a push mower. I put the mower away, and here comes Bob. He called but I didn't answer so he drove by and saw me mowing. He measured our cook top to see if the replacement will fit. Then he worked on the bathroom sink while I made my dandelion salad. He took off the trap, ran a snake through the pipes, put it all back together, and it worked fine, better than it had since we moved in. He promised to come back tomorrow at 10 to replace the Jenn-Aire cooktop with a regular cooktop. He also said he had an extra grill part to fix the grill in the carport. After he left, I boiled some water to make a small jar of green tea. But I put a probiotic capsule in it instead of a scoby - just curious to see what happens. Then I went outside to lay on a sheet while listening to some meditation audios. I also spent time out there reading the book that came in the mail a day or two ago. Chris came home and checked the mail. There was another book for me, so I went in. While he heated onion soup on the stove, I went to the bedroom to read. I heard the sound of a large truck in our driveway. I ran to the window and saw Fed-Ex. So I ran to the door. It was my nuts.com order, praise the Lord. The soup was ready so he put some in a bowl for me. I ate it outside then walked around the back yard, looking at four o'clocks. When I came in, we went down to watch NCIS. Then it was time for bed. - there's a big roach staring at me as I sit here. I would hit him with a shoe if I were wearing any -
* Picture is of quilt at Paducah show *

No comments: