Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Still Crazy after 25 years" contest

I am not sure when I woke up. I decided to take Burt Goldman's suggestion of Quantum Jumping while in the state before full wakefulness. I don't remember where I tried to jump to, but ended up asleep. Therefore I got a late start on the day. I started playing an audio, then watered the gardens and took out the recyclables. I forgot to exercise and went straight to breakfast. I read my e-mail. I swept up the stray hairs from trimming my hair yesterday. I put away the clean dishes and reloaded the dishwasher. I scrubbed the frying pan. I picked a big cucumber and some cherry tomatoes for lunch. I laid outside in the shade to listen to one of the meditation sessions. I meant to mow the ditch since Charlie forgot to, but then I forgot, too. I worked on my latest star pattern, getting the pattern pieces just right. Then I selected fabrics and cut out all the pieces. I heard Chris come home. He fixed himself a plate of leftovers and I had some pork, too. I changed into nice clothes and wrote a check for Linda. I tried to print out a Show-and-tell sheet for a wallhanging but the desktop computer would not cooperate. I took the wallhanging anyway and something for the auction. I went to the HQH monthly meeting. I thought I was early, but it was really crowded. They were having a 25 year challenge. There were entries posted down both sides of the large room. People were voting for winners in each category and overall. I saw Linda. She brought my quilt quilted and I gave her the check. At the sign-up table I bought tickets for the raffle. Normally I don't, but they had a sewing machine, among other prizes. What I did not know is that they gave every one one shot at the machine, and the bought tickets were only for the other prizes. So I put all my tickets on the chocolates basket. The meeting went long. Show-and-tell was short, but the awarding of prizes seemed to take forever. I did not win the machine or the basket of chocolates. They had bought tote bags to hold goodies for the prizewinners. Then they raffled off the extra bags, empty. I decided to leave. As I was walking out, they called my number, but I did not need another totebag. When I got home it was after nine. Chris was watching a movie in the basement. We watched two episodes of MASH before he went to bed.

No comments: