Friday, June 1, 2012

Cucumbers are a'comin'

When I got up, I saw that it had rained, so I did not need to water. I went straight to exercising. I fixed breakfast. As I read my e-mail, I opened one from the credit card company saying they had changed our cc number. It sounded strange to me, so I shot off an e-mail to Chris. It sounded strange to him, too, so I called. And waited. When I got a real person, she told me that a database had been compromised so they marked all the cards as lost/stolen just in case. I went back to listening to the audios. I took my laptop with me to do some yardwork. I raked up fallen magnolia blossoms. I checked out the tomatoes. The large one was ripe, so I brought it in and ate it. I ate a small one, too. I left the pepper for Chris. I found a growing cucumber. I put a cage around the cucumber mound for the vines to grow on. And I picked up sticks in the lawn. Then I went back inside to reenergize my laptop battery. I googled how to make kombucha tea. I boiled the water on the stove, put the tea bags in, and the sugar. Then, while waiting for it to cool, I went to the bank to deposit MaryAnn's check. On the way back, I stopped at a gas station to put air in my tires. I also noticed a sign on our street for an estate sale. I followed the signs 'till I came to a large house. I was expecting old stuff, but it was full of little girl dresses and baby items, as well as the usual kitchen stuff and some furniture. I got two hand towels, a music book, and 3 bags of potting soil. Most items were half off, which was a good thing since it was professionally run and I thought the prices were high. The tea was not cool when I got back. I read more e-mail, and heard more audios. Again, it was not cool enough to add the mother, aka skoby. Chris came home. I asked him to pour the tea into a large jar. He fixed himself leftovers. I was not hungry because I had eaten a bag of frozen fruit. Finally the tea was cool enough, and I put the skoby's into it to ferment. I put a piece of cloth over the top and found a dim corner to set it while it does it's thing. The article says it should take about a week. We spent the rest of the evening watching NCIS episodes. Tomorrow is a sewing day so I have to figure out what I want to work on and pack the necessary fabrics and tools.

No comments: