Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finally - a working cooktop

I scrubbed bathroom sink, Then I checked my scobys for signs of either life or death. Still undetermined. I alternated exercise with removing stuff around the stove top and underneath in the cabinets. Then I ate breakfast, listened to audios. Bob showed up and I noticed a doorway full of spider webs that were not there yesterday. He took out the old top and put in a newish one that he got from a renovation. Maryann called on Skype. She said that after reading my blog, she woulnd't want to rent a house. Bob heard that and laughed. He left to buy a circuit box. She and I talked for three hours. She asked questions about things she read in my blog. Bob came back and finished the job. Talking to Maryann kept me from slowing him down with conversation. He also brought a part for the grill in the carport. After he left, taking his towels with him, I was still talking to Maryanne. When she hung up, I ate some lunch. Then put on my bathing suit and laid out in the yard for awhile. I brought my laptop along to play two short audios. Each one is 10 minutes. That helps me time my sunbathing. 10 minutes on each side and I'm done. I covered the laptop with a white towel to keep it out of the sun. I put my regular clothes on and transplanted two four-o'clocks and an orange thing. Then I sat in the shade to read. When Chris came home, I went in. I saw all the pots and pans that needed to go back in the cabinet. The good news was that there was more room. The bad news was that part of it was blocked by a loop of electric cable. I put a screw in the back wall and twist-tied the cable to it. I put the dishes away. Chris and I each had some pork barbecue for supper. We got caught up on e-mail. I finished first and sat in the guest room to read. When he finished, we went down to watch episodes of NCIS. It is only a little after 10 and he went to bed, so I guess I will, too. Aren't you glad I posted a pic of the stove top and not of the spider webs?

No comments: