Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ladies Night Out

When I got up this morning, Dad was just sitting Mom down at the table. Mom had a bandaid on her knee. He said she fell getting out of bed during the night. After breakfast I took her out on the deck to plant the begonias. We planted them in a previously inhabited pot. They look nice. We sat out for awhile. Dad finished his grocery list and started making lunch early. I fixed Mom's lunch while he was slicing the apples. We sat down to eat before one o'clock. We were finished well before the Damours came over with Michele. We all had a nice time talking in the livingroom, the coolest room in the house. After they left, Dad prepared to go to the grocery store. We promised we would take Mom for a walk at 5. He thought he could shop in half the time without Mom along. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ... At 5 I took Mom for a walk and Michele followed with the wheelchair. We had to stop several times for her to rest. And she decided to go back before we reached the end of the street. I took Mom in the bedroom to get her ready for Ladies Night Out. Faye showed up at quarter of 6. Michele braided Mom's hair and Faye pinned it to her head. Peggy was sitting in the car, so I invited her in. Then Dad came home from the store after only 2.25 hours (out of 3.0) He put the folding wheelchair in the Olds and we all climbed in. We picked up Letha on the way to the restaurant. The ladies of the church were waiting for us at Cabellas. Ok, that isn't the name, but it is as close as I can remember right now. Most of the ladies were sitting at the long row of tables, but we late-comers had to sit separately. Faye and I took turns feeding Mom. She did not touch her side order so Faye boxed it. I paid for their meals as well as my own since I did not get Faye a birthday present. When all 5 of us were paid for, we got in the car and Faye dropped Letha off at her house. I saw her husband Jim, but don't think he recognized me. Back at the house, Dad was finishing a Subway sandwich that he bought for himself and Michele. We chatted with Faye and Peggy until they left. I was talking to Michele when Dad called for help with Mom in the bathroom. There was a mess to clean up and he was imposing so many rules on the process that he wasn't getting far. So I asked him if there was something else he needed to do. He said he needed to eat dessert. After he left, I quickly cleaned up Mom and the bathroom. I put her to bed. I stayed up to write this post, and listen to one of the shorter interviews. It feels like I have been here for weeks.
Pic to follow.

No comments: