Friday, June 8, 2012

Finally the party takes place

I started reading e-mail while listening to the interview with Mark Romero. I put coconut oil in hair to condition it before I take a shower. I put in a Swansons order, and a Nuts.com order. I exercised, ate breakfast, and read more e-mail. Because the people in the back of us are having a party, I decided to mow the backyard. At least until mower stopped. I plugged it back in and went inside for water, lunch and more e-mail. I spread corn starch around the patio and back yard 'cause somewhere I read it would get rid of ants. I mowed some more, almost finishing the back yard when I got stung on a toe. So I mowed inside the fence, then went to front yard but mower stopped again. I plugged it back in, and went inside. I ran out of e-mail (that I felt like reading). The kombucha was finally a week old so I tasted it. Mmmmm. But the best stuff is at the bottom (so I hear) so I need a jug with a low spigot. I put on my bathing suit and took a green sheet out to meditate near the tree. I stayed in the sun for a bit, then moved to the shade. I had my laptop with me so I researched glass jugs on the internet. I decided to try looking locally first. I went in for a shower. William called about a sewing machine he found at the Goodwill. Chris e-mailed to say he was going straight to gaming after work. I told him to go ahead, I would party with the neighbors. As I was tapping through one of the EFT e-mails, I could hear music coming from the backyard. I looked out the window but couldn't see the party clearly. I wanted to go out, but not be obvious, so I grabbed a broom and swept the deck and patio. That gave me a chance to spy - I mean keep an eye - on the event. The music was really familiar, which means it was old - like the 80's. I enjoyed it so much that I picked up all the pinecones in the side yard, and then raked quite a bit of pinestraw. It got dark and I had to go in, but with the windows open, I could still hear the music. By the selection, I gather they are celebrating a wedding. I went downstairs with the idea of starting a quilt of yellows. I have one in purples and I want to eventually go through the color wheel. But what I came up with was two sets of hotpads. Why? Because first I had to clean up my sewing table and these padded, silver-lined scraps were lying there, bothering me, so I had to do something with them. Chris came home way earlier than I expected. So I stopped the second set of hot pads, and came up to write my blog before going to bed.
* Another pic from Paducah *

No comments: