Saturday, June 23, 2012

Trip to Richmond

Chris got up at 6 to take a shower. I slept in because I took mine last night before I went to bed. I did not exercise, and breakfast was mostly fixed. I just added the almonds and milled chia and flax seeds. Sadly, as I sat down in front of my laptop to eat and read e-mail, I bumped the bowl and half of it went flying. I ate what was left and then cleaned up what had spilled. I don't want to come home to ants. I gave the veggies one last watering. Anything in a pot came inside the house. That includes my marigold seedlings. Chris packed the car. I made sure I had the cords that go with all the other stuff I packed. I grabbed the kaleidoscope quit and its matching binding in case I need something to do. I forgot the matching thread. We headed out of town. I am not a big fan of long car trips and this is one of the worst. However, Chris had gotten several books on CD from the library. Usually I fall asleep, but the ones we played today were easy to hear and follow, so I stayed awake. They were Janet Evanovitch books read by a woman. Our third book was read by a man and it was harder for me to make out what he said. I did fall asleep. We stopped midway at Cracker Barrel for lunch. We had to wait for a table and then quite a while for my salad and his sandwich. Had I known how long it would take, we would have kept going. We had almost finished the third book on CD when we arrived at my in-laws house. Cecily made chicken cacciatore for supper. We sat around the table to share news. We called Michele who was getting ready for her trip to the states. First Cecily went to bed, then Chris. Al and I stayed up for awhile. But then he turned in. I had trouble getting on the net, and being the only one up, had no one to turn to. But now I'm on, and once I post a pic, I am going off to bed.
* This is a quilt I saw in Padukah *

No comments: