Friday, May 31, 2013

A day for napping

Due to late nights, I have gotten behind on posting to my blog. Wednesday morning we got up early. Dad had to get ready for his colonoscopy and I had to get Mom ready for her day. Chris came over at 7. At 7:30 he drove Dad to the hospital for the procedure. He waited until it was over and brought Dad home. Meanwhile I got Mom changed, dressed, splinted and ready for breakfast. Dad wasn't there to get out her usual foods and pills. So I tried to feed her Ensure and yogurt, but it did not go well. She was tired and I was tired, so we both napped and when I woke up, she was more alert and able to eat. When the men got home, Dad was unsteady on his feet. But he readied her pills. I can't remember if she was able to take them all. There were a few grocery items that we needed for the Thai curry that Dad did not find yesterday, so Chris and I went shopping. First we went to Hancocks for black fabric and thread to patch Dad's pants. Then we went to Food Lion where we found everything on the list except watercress. We even bought a half-cake for Faye's birthday party later that evening. I got a small tube of icing to write with and some Happy Birthday candles that I thought would be re-usable. When we got back, Dad was asleep and Chris napped, too. I stayed up with Mom out on the deck. We listened to audios and I picked acorns out from between the decking boards. I also wrote Faye's name on the cake. I woke Dad just after 5. I put on pants and he changed his clothes. He and Dad took his car while I drove Mom's car to Hong Kong King Buffet. William, Faye and Kevin met us there. It was a nice display of food. I got crab legs, and sushimi. Mom did not eat much. After we ate, the waitress put the candles on the cake and lit them. She helped to sing 'Happy Birthday'. Faye blew out the candles, but some of them had already burned down too far to reuse. I had forgotten Faye's present. So she followed us home. I gave her the snap/close pouch with the red tabs. It was nice to visit with her, and she helped to get Mom ready for bed. It was midnight before she left. It was later than that when I got to bed, even without writing to my blog.
* pic from Paducah that might get replaced *

No comments: