Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Finished and ready to hang

Before I went to bed last night, I did a little tapping for the overwhelm of getting this place ready for my peers to come over. I also sent out a request for the missing tape measure pieces. As I was falling asleep, the thought of where they might be came to me. I slept in until almost 9. I think I was having a dream about looking for a hot tub to relax in. I read e-mail, exercised and remembered to call the property management lady about the exterminator. She hadn't called, but did so right after hanging up on me. The exterminator called to say he had a cancellation and could come in 30 minutes. I think it was sooner. I showed him where I heard the running feet, and the garage where they can get into the ceiling, and around the outside of the house. He found mouse feces in the garage and said he could smell rat urine in the basement. Ugh. He showed me a possum he had in a cage in the back of his truck. It was kind of lethargic, even when he took it out of the cage, but I didn't pet it. He gave me his card, and he left. He is going to recommend setting out poison stations, and starting a monthly treatment. He did not think the landlord would pay for the monthly part. After he left, I finished the CD I was listening to and the binding on the quilt. I even stitched down the rod pocket at the top. I laid it on the guest bed to photograph. I mowed the side yard, the front ditch, and the part that is really hard to mow between the new ditch and the fence. The mower wasn't done, but I was. I came in for water and e-mail. I watched a tapping video. Just as it ended, Chris came home. I went outside to trim some bushes, easy ones. I carried the trimmings to the pile near the carport. I moved boxes and stuff in the garage to make way for ladies to gather around the pingpong table. I swept the floor. It looks so much better. Then I went into the sewing room to examine a box filled with instructions for various sewing projects that I taught in Korea. One of them was the pouch I worked on last night, and inside the bag were the missing pieces I needed. Chris was ready to watch TV then, so I postponed finishing the project. We watched at least three episodes of Bones season 6 before going to bed.

No comments: