Thursday, May 9, 2013

Quilts with due dates

My day started before 9. I exercised, read e-mail, and took out the recyclables. I finished the audio that I started last night. It was a beautiful sunny day, so after breakfast, I put on shoes and mowed as much lawn as I could. I finished the front yard, the side yard and part of the back yard. I hung Sharon's towels out to dry. I finished the center of the quilt top for class. I worked on preparing materials for Sunday School. I noticed that the rug in my sewing room smelled badly. I took it outside to dry thoroughly. I pulled some weeds and laid in the sun for a bit. I tried eating some of the seed pods from the radishes. They were pretty good. According to an internet article, some people pickle them. I laid out the handprint blocks from SS. There are 18 of them. They look nice in an arrangement of 4 by 5, but that would give me two empty blocks. Maybe the head of SS would put her print on one? I took the fabric that Linda gave me for the backing and trimmed the edges. I cut it in half and sewed the selvege edges together. Can't work on the top until I make a few decisions. So I went through my blue fabrics to find a suitable border for the center I finished earlier. I cut the strips and sewed them on. I took notes for the class handout. By then it was 6, so the lawn mower was mostly charged. I was able to almost finish the back yard. Then I came in for supper. Chris had already had his. As I ate, I googled Fruits of the Spirit artwork looking for an idea of what to put in the two empty blocks. Then Chris and I watched several episodes of Bones season 5 before going to bed.
* pic from show in Paducah *

No comments: