Sunday, May 12, 2013

Can you see the baby birds?

My phone alarm went off at 8am, same time as Chris' alarm. I rolled over for another 40 winks before getting up. It must have been a long 40 winks because by the time I finished breakfast, it was almost 8:45. I jumped in the shower and then got dressed. I noticed that there was more slip than dress, but I pulled the dress down and rushed off to church. I was on time, but got embroiled in a conversation. I am not needed for the opening to Sunday School so it didn't matter. I was there in time to lead the Grapes to the craft room. I made them raise their right hands and swear to tell the fruit, the whole fruit and nothing but the fruit. Ha, ha. They weren't nearly as amused as I thought they'd be considering that we have been studying the fruits of the spirit since September. They did enjoy making cardboard binoculars. Sadly I forgot to bring my camera. Katheryn used her iphone, but has not sent me the pics yet. One girl told me she had 50 rolls of colored duct tape. another girl showed me the purse she'd made out of duct tape. Then they went to Storytime. I cleaned up the room until it was time to practice with the ladies. The ladies were singing a song with the children for Mother's Day. I took some supplies from the craft room back to the craft closet. Then I sat in the sanctuary to wait for Chris. Jennifer had the kids pass out roses to all the adult women in the congregation before church started:) Chris arrived and the service began. After we sang our song in front of the church, Chris whispered that my slip was showing. He was not the first person to tell me, nor was he the last. Mental note: wear a shorter slip with that dress. The sermon was good. And afterwards I sent Chris home with the rose so that I could tie up loose ends at church. I let Tamara and Linda know about the Fruits of the Spirit quilt. They both agreed to make suggestions if I e-mailed them a pic of the proposed piecing. When I got home, I changed clothes and we went grocery shopping. When we got home, we put the food away. We read e-mail and then I got out my fruit and veggie fabrics to find some that would be good for the letters on the quilt. I replaced the salmon panel with yellow and it looked less like a calculator. I opened the garage doors for air and light. I drew and cut out large letters from today's bulletin. But although they were the right height, they were too wide to get them all in the length of the panel. I decided to google some smaller letters. But then I realized that it was time to call my mom for Mother's Day. I think Dad talked longer than she did. The call lasted until Chris told me supper was ready. He made chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and a garlic scape and sweet pepper stir fry. Not long after that we sent down to watch TV. Then Chris went to bed while I stayed up to blog.

No comments: